CONDITIONS FOR USE OF MARKET FACILITIES
By entering the premises of the Maryland Wholesale Produce Market, all Market users and visitors are deemed to agree to be subject to the Maryland Wholesale Produce Market Policies and Procedures as a condition of use of the Market facilities.
The Market Policies, Procedures and associated charges are subject to change without prior notice at the discretion of the Maryland Food Center Authority (MFCA).
Section A: General
The following persons are to be permitted free entrance to the Market: mailmen, vendors, newspapermen, service companies and MFCA agents and employees. All service firms and prospective applicants must have an appointment with the firm they wish to visit.
A Tenant/Employee pass is intended to admit tenants and their employees to the Market to work in their designated work areas and perform the duties of their employment.
A Tenant/Registration sticker is issued to vehicles registered or leased by tenants for their operation.
Any violation in use of the pass may result in forfeiture of the charges paid and denial of future privilege to purchase entrance passes.
Employees and visitors must park their vehicles only in designated spaces. Employees are not to linger in the Market when not at work, nor to interfere with the business activity of any tenant.
Any vehicles stopped over the railroad tracks are not to be left unattended. When rail car switching is taking place, any vehicles backed over the tracks must immediately move at the request of railroad or authorized personnel or be towed at owner's expense.
Truck and vehicle parking is prohibited as follows: in front of the emergency gate, over railroad tracks behind Building A and in drive lanes. Truck parking is also prohibited in designated employee parking areas. If you are parked in any non-designated parking area, you may be subject to a $10.00 parking charge.
Abandoned or not legally tagged vehicles and/or trailers will be towed at owner's expense.
All deliveries into the Market must be for a current Produce Market tenant. Non-tenants are not permitted to transfer product to another non-tenant. This is considered "off-loading," which is not permitted on Market property. Off-loading may result in forfeiture of Market privileges.
Deliveries are permitted into the Market after hours only when an agent or an employee of the tenant receiving the delivery is on the premises.
Littering in the Market is prohibited. Anyone observed disposing of or bringing garbage into the Market to discard may forfeit Market privileges and be charged, starting at $500.00.
Solicitation and any unlawful activity is prohibited within the Maryland Wholesale Produce Market. Open containers of alcohol and/or illegal drugs are not permitted on Market premises at any time.
Section B: Buyers
The Market is open to Buyers, 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., Sunday through Saturday. During this time, Buyers may move freely between "A" and "B" buildings and conduct business with the various wholesalers. After 3:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday, Buyers will be allowed entrance to pick up orders only. Security may deny entrance to any Buyer if verification is not provided from a wholesaler after 3:00 p.m. Security will request and may verify which wholesaler the Buyer is there to see. Buyers who enter the Market after 3:00 p.m. are not permitted to roam throughout or linger in the Market. Except as provided above, all Buyers must vacate the Market by 3:00 p.m.
On Saturdays and certain predetermined holidays, Buyers are permitted entrance to pick up orders until 3:00 p.m. on the same basis as mentioned above for pick ups after 3:00 p.m. Entrance to Buyers is Free.
Buyers may contact individual merchants for holiday openings.
Entrance for customers entering the Market after 3:00 p.m. is only permissable after the guard has received confirmation from the tenant or tenant representative that the customer wishing to enter has business at the Market.
Section C: Tenant Hauler (truck)
All tenants must purchase a Tenant Hauler Truck Pass for the annual registration charge of $150.00 each (50% of the Non-Tenant Buyer/Hauler pass).
Vehicles registered for a Tenant Hauler Truck Pass may enter the Market at any time and park only in truck parking designated areas of the Market.
Section D: Non-Tenant Buyer/Hauler (truck)
All non-tenant buyer/haulers may purchase a Non-Tenant Buyer/Hauler Pass for $300.00 each (pro-rated quarterly, non-refundable).
Section E: Farmers
To be eligible for a Farmer Pass, proof of the farm must be made available to the security guard.
Farmers may purchase an annual registration pass, at a cost of $150.00, permitting them to bring their farm grown produce to the Market and to purchase produce and load their trucks during normal buying hours, 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., Sunday through Saturday.
Additional passes for vehicles registered in the same name are $10.00.
Farmer's Passes must be affixed to the lower left corner on the outside of the windshield, driver's side, so it is readily visible by the security guard.
Section F: Sanitation
Buyers may not dispose of any garbage or litter onto the grounds or any other surface within the Produce Market.
Section H: Safety
At no time shall tenant, its agents or employees exceed the posted speed limit in the Market.
Section I: Miscellaneous Information
• All vehicles registered must have passes affixed to the driver's side windshield of the vehicle and be clearly visible to Maryland Wholesale Produce Market Security when entering the Market. Failure to follow this procedure may result in denial of further privilege to purchase a pass
• Deliveries into the Market in registered vehicles are subject to a normal vehicle entrance fee.
• Failure to observe Market Policies and Procedures may result in invalidation of registration privileges.
• All passes may be purchased at the Produce Market Security Guardhouse.
• Registration stickers are valid only to the vehicle which they were issued to and only for the calendar year for which they were issued. Replacement stickers may be obtained for $1.00. (Proof must be obtained that the vehicle is out of service, has been traded or the windshield has been replaced.)
• Tenant shall not permit any employee or invitee to use the Leased Premises or the Market for off-loading or unloading produce or other products, other than for sale or purchase by tenant.
• Solicitation and any unlawful activity is prohibited within the Produce Market. Illegal drugs and open containers of alcohol are not permitted on the Market premises at any time.
• All deliveries into the Market must be for a Market tenant. Non-tenants are not permitted to transfer product within the Market.
• Tenant/Employee passes are intended to admit employees to the Market to work in their designated work areas and perform the duties of their employment. Employees are not to linger in the Market when not at work, nor to interfere with the business activity of any tenant.
Section J: Miscellaneous Charges
• If railroad is unable to place or remove rail cars, a charge of $500.00 may be assessed to any vehicle or tenant responsible for blocking the tracks.
• Receiving of railroad freight by non-tenants may be subject to a charge of $500.00
• Anyone found littering is subject to a charge of $100.00. Placing glass bottles on the street areas is subject to a $50.00 charge.
• Trailers dropped on the bituminous parking area without wooden supports under their landing gear may be subject to a charge of $100.00 plus the cost to repair damage to the parking area. This policy is in effect year round.